Winning At LinkedIn
The 2021 data on LinkedIn is mind-blowing. 740 million members and 55 million businesses rubbing together on one professional platform to create a billion interactions every month. Even a tiny share of that is a flash flood of opportunity every day.
- Clients are exposed to consultants with fresh answers.
- Businesses are learning about new suppliers.
- Recruiters and employers are talent-spotting next-level thought leaders.
It’s no wonder LinkedIn itself needs 16,000 employees in 33 countries around the world to keep the wheels on.
Thankfully, there’s an easy-to-follow recipe to winning at LinkedIn. That recipe doesn’t involve pulling stunts. You don’t need to be flashy to be noticed by the right people. The right people need what you offer, which means they’ll be glad to join your network. This isn’t TikTok. No one expects you to dance, rap or dumb your expertise into 5-second bites.
What would winning at LinkedIn mean for you?
Do you want to be more visible in your industry? Are you looking to move up in your current organisation, so it would help to be recognised for your achievements by company leaders and peers? Or are you looking to move elsewhere, a chance to take the next step up or to leap sideways into something new? Maybe you’re not looking for a job, you’re looking for clients or suppliers…
Whether it’s a career, a practice or a business you’re growing, every connection you could ever need is on LinkedIn and those connections are logged in right now. Of the platform’s 740 million members, 130 million of them use LinkedIn every day.
To make your move, all you need to know is how to push yourself into this rushing current of opportunities. No more standing on the sidelines while other people get ahead through valuable connections. Your network will grow and deepen as soon as you position yourself correctly. That won’t take going “viral” or uncomfortably selling yourself. LinkedIn’s true winners are professional, smart and consistent — simply applying qualities you probably use every day already.
The secrets of writing a winning LinkedIn profile
As you’d expect from the world’s largest networking event, the personal branding of your LinkedIn profile is a major consideration.
The cornerstone of your success is developing the skills to write a profile that conveys your value. When you convey your value, you’re guaranteed to stand out because so many members are stuck because of their dated thinking about writing resumes for recruiters. Meanwhile, you’ll be thinking about shining as part of worldwide online business community.
Resume thinking doesn’t work on LinkedIn anymore because LinkedIn has matured. This is no longer an online filing cabinet that recruiters dip into for resumes to throw at jobs. You’re diving into a vibrant digital network for businesspeople, so you need a digital profile that conveys your value.
LinkedIn learning from expert copywriters — You’ll discover…
Taleist’s copywriters charge thousands of dollars to write a single LinkedIn profile. (Don’t tell anyone, but even professional LinkedIn profile writers come to us to write their profiles.) Now, the same copywriters whose clients are moving up or getting booked solid through LinkedIn have poured their secrets into an easy-to-apply model. You can follow the model to put yourself into the path of opportunities.
What will you discover in this LinkedIn personal branding course?
Through our online videos and downloadable PDF guides, you’ll discover:
- Why most profiles gather dust (meanwhile, their authors wonder why no one’s connecting with them)
- How to leave “salesy” profiles to the attention seekers. Instead, you’ll have the tools to frame your experience and expertise with authority. This is learning content that will show you how to develop the quiet authority that draws the right attention.
- The three-part recipe that makes what you do and what you know desireable to the people you want to talk to
- A shortcut that will unlock what you need to say, to whom and why. You won’t recognise the profile you write after asking yourself these easy questions.
- A foolproof writing process that takes you from first draft to polished profile — because you know the answers already
What’s included in this LinkedIn training course…
1. VIDEO: How to stand out as you in a crowded market
In these punchy LinkedIn training videos, you’ll discover the reasons why most LinkedIn profiles fail to deliver results. Plus we’ll show you the simple fixes that would have made those profiles unrecognisable. In less than an hour, you’ll know what most people don’t: why LinkedIn is working for others but not for them.
2. STRUCTURED GUIDE: Your guide to writing a winning LinkedIn profile
When you know how to frame yourself with quiet authority, you don’t need to be salesy or showy.
In this comprehensive guide to writing a profile, you’ll be walked through the structure that will generate your winning profile. You’ll set the goals that guide your approach. And you’ll be given the tools and frameworks to shape what you offer in ways that are compelling, marketable and authentic to you.
BONUS #1: A breakdown of winning LinkedIn profiles
Learn from our breakdowns of expertly written LinkedIn profiles in multiple industries. Uncover the techniques that work for everyone from the CEOs of global businesses to sole traders booking themselves solid through their network. We take the profiles apart, revealing formulas you can follow to write your own stand-out profile.Take this Course
BONUS #2: The secrets to growing and reaching your network
While you can’t increase the number of people searching for your profile, you can increase the number of people who see your profile.
Now you’ve laid the cornerstone of your LinkedIn success by locking in a winning profile, it’s time to maximise the return on that investment. You’ll do that by creating posts that work like magnets to draw people to you, growing your reach and your network.
That consistent posting of valuable content is the secret to growing a community on LinkedIn and being recognised by that audience for your expertise. Consistent posting might sound time-consuming to a busy person, but reaching the right people with valuable posts has proven surprisingly manageable for even the busiest person who follow our smart approach.
Your LinkedIn goal might be one or more of:
- Expanding your word of mouth by reminding connections that you’re around
- Positioning for recruiters
- Attracting new hires
- Going outside-in to raise your profile in your current organisation
Whatever you’re looking to achieve with your posts, we’ll show you how to match your specific goal to how you post on LinkedIn thoughtfully and with maximum results. When you have a clear plan and an understanding of what will get results, you have leverage.
When you have leverage, consistent posting on LinkedIn is a pleasure, not a chore — especially when you start getting feedback. Perhaps most importantly, achieving that leverage won’t be anything like as time-consuming as you thought it might be.
Online training in writing LinkedIn posts that deliver credibility and results
This Taleist course shows you how to write LinkedIn posts that deliver visibility, credibility and results that you can measure. You’ll discover:
- The Reach Myth — how people think LinkedIn handles posts, how LinkedIn really handles posts and how to use the difference to your advantage
- Setting up your process so you get maximum results for the minimum possible investment of time
- How to write high-quality posts 3x to 4x faster
- The 10-minute way to generate post ideas that will keep you rolling in ideas for the next 6 months
- How to free yourself from the unhelpful pressure to “do it all”; instead uncover how to be more effective by keeping your LinkedIn activity manageable
- The secret to winning over an audience on LinkedIn with quiet authority, so you never have to be “salesy”
- The piggyback technique you can use when you can’t think of anything else to post
- Strong openings — it doesn’t matter how good the rest of your post is if you can’t get the reader past the first line. These simple techniques will have your audience reading every word.
- How to increase your reach and the return on your time by getting your posts in front of people who are not your connections
VIDEO: Myths and shortcuts to growing your reach on LinkedIn
So many people put wasted effort into posting on LinkedIn. Their posts sink without a trace because they don’t know how to get LinkedIn to amplify their content. In these fast-paced videos, we’ll debunk the myths that hold people back and give you simple, actionable things that you can do to make sure the effort you put into posting on LinkedIn is rewarded.
Stuck for ideas for original, valuable posts? We’ll give you a 10-minute system that will give you post ideas to keep you going for the next 6 months.
Running just under an hour, these LinkedIn training videos are punchy, fast-moving and packed with information you’ll use immediately to increase your reach.
WORKBOOK: Writing posts that reach the right people
In these structured exercises, you’ll clarify exactly what you need to do to reach, influence and convert your ideal reader.
We’ll give you easy-to-emulate techniques for writing thought-provoking posts that get results — without spending hours a day on social networking. By breaking down the techniques behind successful posts, you’ll have a library of inspiration and approaches you can use.
LinkedIn courses that show you how to grow your audience with winning LinkedIn posts
Our training on writing winning LinkedIn posts is delivered instantly. Click “buy now” and you’ll be taken to our checkout. As soon as you’ve entered your credit card and contact details, you’ll be taken straight to the training materials. You’ll have immediate access to:
- The punchy myth-busting videos
- The PDF downloads that will have you transforming your LinkedIn presence in no time at all
You can take our courses whenever suits you, but the sooner you do, the sooner you’ll get the benefits.
Everything you need to win at LinkedIn
In this one on-demand package, you have everything you need to win at LinkedIn.
- Our complete step-by-step guidance on writing a winning LinkedIn profile
- A breakdown of brilliant LinkedIn profiles you can use as models for your own profile
- An incredible SECOND COURSE on writing the kinds of LinkedIn posts that get you noticed — WITHOUT having to be salesy or spend all day chained to LinkedIn
Take the course now and starting winning at LinkedIn.Take this Course
Your LinkedIn trainer
As a professional LinkedIn profile writer, Steven has written profiles for business owners and career-focused professionals in countless industries (including other profile writers).
In this course, Steven brings two decades in journalism and copywriting to showing you how to write a profile and posts that show you in a compelling light.
As a journalist, Steven Lewis has been published around the world — the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, Esquire, GQ… As a direct response copywriter, Steven’s website copywriting has doubled, tripled and quadrupled conversion rates for clients in medical services, technology, SaaS, legal services, trades and countless other industries.
Today, after more than 20 years of content marketing, website and SEO experience, Steven leads the team of Sydney-based copywriters at Taleist. Taleist is an agency of direct response copywriters who use their writing to persuade readers to take action.
And before Taleist’s copywriters can do that, they have to know their client’s USP.
We can back our courses with complete confidence because we have so many happy students. We know you’ll be one of them, but if for any reason you’re not 100% satisfied with the LinkedIn profile writing course, let us know within 30 days and we’ll give you a full and friendly refund.